At Spectrum we provide a comprehensive assessment of your child’s communication skills. This assessment may cover a number of the following areas:
- articulation ( the clarity of your child’s speech)
- receptive language (what your child understands of spoken language)
- expressive language (your child’s use of sentences and grammar)
- pragmatic language (how your child uses language in a social context to interact with others)
- play skills
- literacy and phonological skills (the developmental of reading, writing and spelling skills)
- fluency of speech
We will also consult with you about your child’s strengths and weaknesses (or areas of difficulty/challenges) to ensure that we have a deep understanding of your child.
To ensure that we have a complete picture of your child we will also use information gathered from other professionals who know your child, including teachers, psychologists, doctors and other members of your child’s team.
If you have any concerns about your child’s communication, social , friendship or academic skills, please call us to arrange an appointment with one of our therapists.