Families and Carers of children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders are eligible to access up to $6000 per financial year (to a maximum of $12,000) for Early Intervention Programs, including accredited private Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Behavioural Therapy services. An additional $2000 payment is available to support rural and remote residents to access services. FaHCSIA has established a panel of multi-disciplinary providers to provide these early intervention services.
Spectrum Speech Pathology Services has been accredited as a member of the Early Intervention Provider Panel. Spectrum clients can now access FaHCSIA funding for Speech Therapy through us. Consortium members include Dr Janine Manjiviona, Clinical Psychologist and Ms Michele Whitehouse, Clinical Psychologist.
To be eligible your child must:
· Be aged 0 – 7 years
· Have been diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (with a written diagnosis)
· Be an Australian resident or meet Centrelink’s Residential Requirements for Carer Allowance
If you think your child may be eligible for this program, you will need to do the following:
1. Phone Amaze (formerly Autism Victoria) on 1300 308 699 or 9657 1600 to make an appointment with an Autism Advisor. At this appointment the child’s eligibility and needs are discussed.
2. If your child is eligible you will receive a ‘Letter of Introduction’ from the Autism Advisor.
3. Your next step is to contact us at Spectrum Speech Pathology Services and register your child and complete the appropriate paperwork.
4. At your first FaHCSIA funded session you will need to complete FaHCSIA Client Consent Forms and services may then commence.
5. At the completion of each session, FaHCSIA requires you to sign a form that acknowledges provision of the service.
6. Invoices for Speech Therapy services will be sent directly to FaHCSIA for payment.You will be issued with a copy of the invoice.